Leftie4unusednapkin

Leftie aka Closet Romance Reader

Leftie, one of two book blogger sisters (Leftie & Rightie), feeding her guilty reads (translation, romance/sexy *g*) and really just blogging about books she loves and hates.

How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie DeBartolo Never would have heard of this book if not for the Goodreads rec and I don't even remember what book(s) triggered this rec. Then I read some of the reviews which got me curious. I'm definitely glad I got curious enough.

4.5 stars

These days, I don't get as emotionally invested in a book as I used to be when I was younger, and I'm talking even some of the ones that I love to death. This book got me crying, which I haven't done in a long time over a story, a rarity for sure. And it's about rockers/musicians(!), which is not usually grab-me-by-the-seat-of-my-pants story for me. I love the twists in the story, especially the end. The writer has a poetic way to her writing. At times, it may have been bordering on over-indulgent but I didn't care, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I felt like strangling the H/h at times, especially the h, but I suppose changing their actions would've changed the story.

I probably would've given this book more stars (even more than 5) if not for the switching POV, which I know is not unusual but it didn't flow quite so smoothly for me with this book.

Regardless, Ms. Debartolo definitely has a new fan here.