Leftie4unusednapkin

Leftie aka Closet Romance Reader

Leftie, one of two book blogger sisters (Leftie & Rightie), feeding her guilty reads (translation, romance/sexy *g*) and really just blogging about books she loves and hates.

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) - Kristen Ashley I read about the premise of this book a while back and I didn't think it was my cup of tea, esp the part about the nature of how Cabe and Gwen's "relationship" started. So, really, I'm not sure how I could have forgotten that feeling when I started reading it.

No offense, but the biggest irony, for me, was that Gwen is a book editor, and I'm really sorry to say this, but this book could've used her help. Ms. Ashley seemed to have something against using conjunctions, so I found myself re-reading some of the dialogues to make sure I understood them correctly. Then, there were the running/fragmented sentences that at times almost gave me a headache. I suppose that could've been done purposely to make the conversation realistic, but I honestly don't recall having conversations like that even when I or the people around me are nervous.

Gwen drove me crazy. I only started liking her by pg 320-something (out of 340-something pages). Cabe was the ultimate alpha-male, almost taken to the extreme that, to me, it was almost comical, in a GI Joe kinda' way. Fortunately, I grew up with GI Joe and loved the cartoon when I was a kid.

There are 3 other books in this particular series. I still want to read them, yes I do, I think. But maybe not right away though...