Leftie4unusednapkin

Leftie aka Closet Romance Reader

Leftie, one of two book blogger sisters (Leftie & Rightie), feeding her guilty reads (translation, romance/sexy *g*) and really just blogging about books she loves and hates.

Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey - Anne Calhoun 3.5

This is another one that popped up on my GR rec page (I think). And I'm glad I gave it a chance.

What I didn't like?
The cover, for starter. Not hot at all. There was hardly an arc to the story. The way the h was described in the beginning made it sound like she was full of herself even though she wasn't as you read thru the book. The humble-brag made my eyes roll a little. Some of the dialogues were jumpy. There was a part when the H was having these dreams which did not work for me at all. I think it was supposed to be hot but I thought it was just comical. It felt like a dream sequence from a sitcom when people go into characters. Sorry...

What I did like?
I did enjoy the chemistry between the H&h. I liked how their relationship built up. Some of the dialogues were smart enough. It wasn't about your typical 20-something h with too many issues and a 20-something bajillionaire H. The h was older than the H by just enough years that it didn't feel icky. I did end up liking the h by the end, the way she handled their relationship & the H was swoon-worthy enough. It was a real easy read.

It may not be the best written out there but I actually think I like it enough to prompt me to read Ms. Calhoun's other books.